UPDATE: Prince Albert was one of two additional confirmed cases of the coronavirus in Monaco today, bringing the total to 11 since February 28. No details were provided about the other patient.
Prince Albert’s cabinet confirmed earlier on Thursday, March 19, that the 62-year-old had tested positive for the coronavirus.
They added there is no need for concern, the Sovereign is being treated by his doctor and specialists from the Princess Grace Hospital Center.
Prince Albert told French media Monaco-Matin by phone this afternoon that he has “completely manageable symptoms at the moment” and said he didn’t have a fever but “felt something happen.”
Having been tested on Monday, he added, “And since I knew that the minister of state was infected, I preferred to be fixed quickly. The results came on Thursday morning.”
Updates to residents about the Prince's condition will continue to be made.
Minister of state, Serge Telle, tested Covid-19 postive on Monday. Monaco now counts 11 coronavirus cases, three of which are believed to be women.
READ: Monaco On Lockdown