Coronavirus Cases In PACA Passes 1,000

Coronavirus mask

Last night, Monaco health officials confirmed a 50% hike in coronavirus cases in the Principality, with six new cases. There have been a total of 18 cases reported, although only 17 are now active.

Today, France’s Regional Health Agency (ARS) is reporting 1,041 people have now tested positive for coronavirus in the in PACA region, passing the 1,000 marker.

This figure includes in the Alpes-Maritimes department, where there are 174 cases and 4 people have died.

READ: Confirmed Coronavirus Cases Jump 50% In Monaco In 24 Hours
READ: Prince Alberts Health 'No Need For Concern,' Says Palace

The six departments in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region count the following confirmed cases: Alpes-de-Haute-Provence (17), Alpes-Maritimes (174), Bouches-du-Rhône (572), Hautes-Alpes (35), Var (159) and Vaucluse (32).

Little information has been specified in terms of gender or age.

In the U.K., where 56 people died yesterday, a report from the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre stated 71% of coronavirus intensive care patients are male with an average age of 64. Based on patient information from March 9 to March 19, it also said that the number of people in the U.K. “needing life or death care doubles every three days.”

Prince Albert, 62, and minister of state Serge Telle, 65, both tested Covid-19 positive last week.

Today WHO is launching a coronavirus messaging service via WhatsApp and Facebook. And there’s a new site in French to help assess Covid-19 symptoms and how to proceed if you have the virus.

The Monaco government also has a site in English “Informations on Covid-19 in the Principality” that includes support for businesses, working from home, compensation for looking after children at home and FAQs.